Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of ‘violence’

شارك هذه المقالة علي صفحات التواصل الاجتماعي

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Share on whatsapp
Share on facebook

Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of ‘violence’

Twitter removed three tweets from President Donald Trump’s account on Wednesday and suspended his account for 12 hours after it continued pushing out conspiracy theories about the election after a crowd stormed the US Capitol.

read also : The woman fatally shot inside the U.S. Capitol has been identified

The company also warned that further violations of its rules “will lead to permanent suspension” of the president’s Twitter account.

read also : Watch Live & Photos: Scenes from U.S. Capitol In Chaos As Pro-Trump Extremists Breach Building

Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of 'violence'
Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of ‘violence’

One tweet contained a video of Trump repeating unfounded claims that the election had been taken from him and encouraging his supporters to disperse after the outbreak of violence on the Capitol.

He said law and order are necessary and added that he loves his supporters.

Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of 'violence'
Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of ‘violence’

Facebook Vice President Jay Rosen wrote on Twitter: “This is an emergency and we are taking appropriate emergency measures, including removing President Trump’s video. We have removed it because we believe it is contributing to the risks of ongoing violence rather than reducing it.”

“We had an election that was stolen from us,” Trump said in a video tape recorded at the White House. It was a crushing election and everyone knows that, especially the other side. “

read also : Biden says US democracy under ‘unprecedented assault’ and calls on Trump to ‘demand an end to this siege’

Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of 'violence'
Facebook and Twitter remove Trump video, citing risk of ‘violence’

He added, “But you have to go home now. We must have peace, we must have law and order, and we must respect our great people in law and order. We do not want anyone to hurt.”

Twitter said on one of his company’s accounts that if the president removed the tweets, his account would be opened.

read also : An audio leak exposes Trump with the Georgia state secretary

Although social media platforms worked to remove Trump’s video, several prominent voices in the tech world soon spoke about it and the actions of social media companies, including enterprising investor Chris Saca and Alex Stamos, the former chief security officer at Facebook.

More To Explore

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top