Prince Harry and Megan are waiting for their second child
A spokeswoman for the couple, Prince Harry and Megan , the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, confirmed that they are expecting their second child on Sunday, saying they are “thrilled by the news.”
“We can confirm Archie will be a big brother,” a company spokeswoman also said on social media to congratulate the family.
On the other hand, a spokeswoman for Queen Elizabeth said, “Her Majesty the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales and all members of the family are delighted and wish them well.”
Harry and Meghan aim to “hold back” as senior royals and divide time between Britain and North America
Prince Harry and Megan caused a sensation in Britain last year when two of the top royals stepped down from their positions.
But they are still Duke and Duchess of Sussex. After stepping down from their senior royals, they travel to Vancouver Island, British Columbia, before settling in Megan’s home of Southern California.
In an opinion piece for The New York Times in November, Megan revealed that she had a miscarriage in July, and called on people on social media to be more kind to each other.
And she wrote: “I knew, while holding my first child, that I was losing my second child.” She described the “almost unbearable grief” associated with the loss of a child. She urged people to try to find more time to ask others if they were okay.
The couple, Prince Harry and Megan have chosen their Valentine’s Day night to spread this wonderful news.
Photographer Maysan Harriman tweeted: “Meg, I was there at your wedding to witness the start of this love story, and my friend is honored to have captured it as it grows.